DON’T WASH YOUR JEANSWe advise not to wash your jeans for 6 months. The longer you go, the more distinct the fading will be in all the right spots. You’ll end up with naturally distressed creases that fit the way you live. It’s worth the wait. Washing them too early, the indigo dye might fade too uniformly and you won’t be able to establish the custom wear marks.
The First Wash
~ By hand:
- Put in a bathtub cool to lukewarm water (the hotter the water the, the greater the shrinkage).
- Mix in a small amount of green olive oil soap powder or very light washing powder, preferably something specifically designed to lock in darker colours. Do not use bleaches or regular laundry detergent.
- Turn your jeans inside out. Soak them in for 45 minutes. Submerge them in the water by placing heavy objects on top.
- Rinse with cool water to remove the detergent.
- Remove from water and hang dry, ideally outdoors and in the sun.